“Liquid rubies and nectar of gold, find the mystery wine for treasures untold.”
To all SA Android users out there- time to join the virtual hunt for the MYSTERY WINE. Starting from 12th April, you can participate in the very 1st AbuzzWine Treasure Hunt. Find the questions (in the form of riddles and cryptic clues) on the AbuzzWine mobile app, and from there work out the answers by doing a bit of on-line research, and locating extra clues posted in various places*.
Each week, for 4 weeks, we will post a new question on the AbuzzWine app. Find the first clue here!
The KEY to unlocking the AbuzzWine TREASURE CHEST will be the NAME of a MYSTERY WINE listed on the AbuzzWine app.
The answer to each week’s clues will enable you to answer all the questions and thereby determine the NAME of the MYSTERY WINE for Treasure Hunt 1.
The closing date for Treasure Hunt 1 is midnight, 10 May 2013.
*Previous questions and extra clues can be found at:
- abuzzWine app download here
- www.twitter.com/abuzzwine @abuzzwine
Clues for Treasure Hunt 1 will also be handed out at the AbuzzWine exhibition stand during following events:
- Cheese festival, Sandringham (between Cape Town & Paarl on the N1) from Friday 26 to Sunday 28 April 2013
- Wine Show Joh’burg, Sandton ICC, Friday 3 May 2013 to Sunday 5 May 2013
HOW TO ENTER
Simply download the AbuzzWine app, register as a user, and join the AbuzzWine Treasure Hunt Club. This will give you access to the questions and some clues.
To be eligible for the lucky draw for the content of the AbuzzWine TREASURE CHEST, you need to add the MYSTERY WINE to your shopping basket on the AbuzzWine app.
(please note that you are not required to order the MYSTERY WINE to qualify for prizes, it just needs to be in your shopping basket on the closing date for the Treasure Hunt. Furthermore, if you have ordered and paid for the MYSTERY WINE during the Treasure Hunt, you stand a chance to earn back your purchase amount!).
The closing date for AbuzzWine Treasure Hunt 1 is midnight, 10 May 2013.
Five winning entries will be drawn and notified by email.
- This competition is free and open to Android smartphone users.
- Prizes for individual Treasure Hunts will be published on the AbuzzWine app and are subject to the tax laws of South Africa.
- Prizes are not exchangeable.
- No purchase is necessary. If you have missed past weeks clues, they are accessible on the AbuzzWine app.
- Registration is only on the AbuzzWine app.
- Treasure Hunt questions and clues and are available on the AbuzzWine app.
- Entrants must be 18 years or older.
- Entries are only submissable on the AbuzzWine app. You need to keep the answer of each week’s question and use that to solve the rest of the questions, which will reveal the name of a MYSTERY WINE. To be eligible for the lucky draw for the content of the AbuzzWine TREASURE CHEST, you need to add the MYSTERY WINE to your shopping basket on the AbuzzWine app.
- Only entries received before the exact closing time of the competition as detailed above will be considered.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event of there being no/not enough correct entrants by the closing date, any unallocated prizes will roll over to the next AbuzzWine Treasure Hunt.
- Entrants must be resident in South Africa.
- The winners of each Treasure Hunt will be published on the AbuzzWine app; www.abuzzwine.mobi and www.winetimes.co.za.
- Employees of Comsuite (Pty) Ltd and their immediate families or partners may not enter the competition.
- Any tax implications as a result of a prize will be
- winners responsibility